It is so important for preschoolers to be ready for Kindergarten. If not it will be a challenge! The more prepared they are for Kindergarten the easier it will be for them to get good grades. I liked Kindergaten and I hope your child will too! The following link is from The Ohio Department of Education. It’s a list of skills all Kinergarteners should have.
Post by: Jillian Price, Asst. Principal for the day
Next Week is Red Ribbon Week and Mr. Searcy has planned lots of fun activities to help us celebrate safe and drug free lifestyles!
- Monday October 21st – Wear Red Day and Red Ribbon Day
- Tuesday Ocotober 22nd – Red Ribbon Assembly
- Wednesday October 23rd – Ducks Against Drugs Day (please remember no weapons or violent messages)
- Thursday October 24th – Knock the Socks off Drugs Day
- Friday – Put a Lid on Drugs Day and Redskins Against Drugs Day
Please follow this link for a more complete description of the week: Red Ribbon Week Letter
PTO Minutes from the September Meeting are available online at: http://wes.wapak.org/pto.html
Did you get the call from “One Call Now” tonight? In case you didn’t…
1) Letters regarding student accounts to ProgressBook (our online gradebook) will be mailed home by the end of the week. Letters will include directions for accessing student grades and will include a new password.
2) We will no longer be distributing interim reports to every student. Obviously, with the advent of technology, this information is now old by the time it reaches your home. The primary means of communicating with you will now be through ProgressBook, which you can view online. If you would still like to receive interim reports, you may do so by requesting those interim reports from the secretary at the building in which your child attends. Report Cards will continue to be distributed at the end of each grading quarter.
If you did not receive a “One Call Now” message tonight you may learn to change your settings at: http://www.wapak.org/Parents/OneCallNow
Monday Sept 9 – PTO Meeting at 6:30 in the office conference room
Monday Sept 16 – Fall Photos for Pre-K at WES, Kindergarten, First and Second Grade
Tuesday September 17th – Fall Photos for Pre-K at the ESC Annex, Third and Fourth Grade
Tuesday September 24th – McTeacher Night at McDonalds from 4:30-7:30
Wednesday September 25th – One hour early dismissal
Thursday September 26th and Friday September 27th – First grade field trips
THIS MONTH’S NEWSLETTER IS NOW AVAILABLE ONLINE AT: http://wes.wapak.org/
Noah’s class is working on odd and even numbers this week. He’s showing us an even number with his fingers.
One of our Facebook followers and community members suggested that we post the following link: http://givewith.target.com/?v=0
Please search for one of our schools and vote for us! After a school receives 25 votes we will receive $1.00 for each vote we earn. You may vote once every three days. Our schools are in the 45806 and 45895 zip codes.
Thanks for your help!